Monday, March 29, 2010

Seattle Local news reports on Edible Landscaping

I got several messages today from friends telling me they saw this story about edible landscaping in Seattle. I am happy to see they are noticing... They said that it is not yet time to plant food in the garden, so the piece might have been filmed a month or so ago, but it is time to start planting now!!! That is why Seattle Tilth and others are having plant sales- not tomatoes and basil mind you, but kales, lettuces, chards, mustard, and other greens are actually being harvested in my gardens. Some are left over from last fall's plantings, but  I had salad from some lettuce under a hoop house on my farm on Saturday! My little pea plants will need thinning and I can stir fry those with garlic, ginger and butter!
peace-
Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment