Saturday, April 24, 2010

More transplanting & tomato seeds started

I started tons of seeds for the community garden yesterday. We were given seeds from tomatobob.com for the garden, and have 8-10 of each variety if everything works out. The varieties are: Noir de Crimee, Giant Belgium, Mortgage Lifter, Money Maker, Missouri Pink Love Apple, Martino's Roma, Matt's Wild Cherry & Mr Stripey. I helped a friend transplant tomato seedlings yesterday for trade in future plants for insurance. She let me take home the smallest sprouts because they will never catch up to the stronger ones but they have a head start on my seeds. I put them in my truck so they stay warmer than I could keep them otherwise. I can't remember all of the varieties, but I know I have: Glacier, Brandywine, Abraham Lincoln, Paul Robeson, & a few more. I guess the next project is setting up hoop houses & researching their growth habits ...

No comments:

Post a Comment