Tuesday, October 12, 2010

By By Tomatoes!

I finally gave up on my tomatoes... the ones that were ripe were full of slug holes, and the others were just getting waterlogged! Now of course there is sunshine. But I found that my strawberries have completely taken over the area! Yay, free food!  I am probably going to move them to underneath the cherry tree in the "fruit corner" and plant lettuces and cilantro, etc. I am finally also going to make myself a new hoophouse for the winter. I have lots of kale and chard and more volunteers at the community garden, so I am going to make sure it doesn't freeze in the Seattle cold winter that has been predicted (http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/).  My late planted (August) purple pole beans are finally growing into a pretty vine with a few beans on it. The celery is doing well, but I pulled the soil around it to try to blanch it for the next few weeks... I pulled all but the flowering leeks, and sauted some with chanterelles Marc brought home from the mountains! Leftovers were rolled into a nori for Chanterelle Sushi, Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment